Getting Started Tutorial-authorPOINTTM Lite
This tutorial shows how to get started with authorPOINTTM Lite step-by-step.
Control how your presentation looks
Lite gives you a complete control over the look and feel of the output. You can personalize and customize the output; and also make some default quality- and compression settings that best fit your requirements. All you need to do is
Once converted your presentation can be personalized by adding your personal info, your image and your logo to each converted presentation. All you need to do is -
- Select the presentation to be personalized from thumbnails list. The selected presentation opens up in the ‘Slide View’ window.
- The ‘Slide View’ window displays the slide thumbnails at the bottom and the slide view in the upper section. The right-side section of 'Slide View' window displays the presentation's details. It has three icons at the bottom.
- Click on the middle icon (represented by a user). This opens the presenter information tab.
- Enter a title that signifies your role or position in the presentation.
- Enter your Name, Organization and the Email address.
- You can add your image and logo by clicking on the link marked ‘Browse’ made available in both the ‘Presenter's Image’ and ‘Presenter's Logo’ field.
- To remove data from a field, you can click on the link marked ‘Clear’.To remove data from all the fields, you can click on ‘Clear All’ .
Select ‘Options’ via Tools menu.
The ‘Options’ window opens up displaying the following tabs:
- Templates Tab: The Template tab gives you a variety of options to select the layout and the color of the output according to your preference
- Settings Tab: The Settings tab allows you to make some default quality- and conversion settings for your output.
The templates tab opens up displaying a variety of choices for you so that you can effortlessly customize the look and feel of the output.
- The ‘Select Color’ field offers a range of six colors (Blue, Brown, Dark Green, Green, Purple, and Silver) for you to choose. Select the color of your preference from the drop down menu.
- Select the preferred layout from the ‘Select Layout’ field. Here you have three layouts available. These are E-learning Standard,E-learning Compact and Trade Show.
- To mark the selected layout and color as default template for the subsequent presentations, click on the button marked ‘Set as Default’.
- Click on the button marked ‘Ok’.
- You can see a slider in the ‘Image Quality’ field. This slider depicts the image quality level, with higher quality towards right. Adjacent to it is a selection box wherein you can select the preferred level of image quality. As you make your choice, the Image quality slider gets adjusted accordingly and vice-versa.
- Go to ‘Audio Quality’ field. You have five quality parameters available in a drop down menu ranging from Very High to Very Low. Select the preferred level of audio from the drop down menu made available there. The selection that you make here goes for all the future converted presentations.
- Choose from two options available in ‘Narrations/Rehearse timings’ field. These are
- ‘Use if found’, that is use Narrations/ Rehearse timings as they are in the original PowerPoint and
- ‘Do no use’, that is do not use Narrations/Rehearse timings included in the original PowerPoint
This ensures that authorPOINTTM Lite keeps/discards (as per your choice) the rehearse timings/narrations of all the presentations that are converted into flash and show the same in the output.
- Check the checkbox in ‘Speaker Notes’ field.It ensures that all the presentations that are converted subsequently show speaker notes in the output.
- You can opt for the application to check for authorPOINTTM Lite Updates automatically by checking the checkbox in authorPOINTTM Lite Updates field.
- The ‘Default Location for Presentations’ field displays the default location wherein your presentations will be saved.
- To change the same, click on the button marked ‘Change’.
- The ‘Browse for Folder’ window opens up.Select the preferred location and click on ‘Ok’.
- The selected location will now be displayed in the ‘Default Location for Presentations’ field.
You can set the default sharing server on which your presentations will be uploaded by default everytime you launch Upload and Share.